Our next training course starts on:
Wednesday 26th September 2018.
Please contact Louise Scanlon on 020 8667 0207 or email@example.com for more information.
Home Visiting Volunteers are an essential part of the Home Visiting Service we offer to families within the borough of Croydon.
To become a home visiting volunteer you should:
- Be a parent or have some parenting experience
- Be able to visit a family for 2-3 hours once a week
- Be able to meet for supervision every 6 weeks
- Be able to commit for at least 6 months
- Have a non-judgmental attitude
- Be prepared to undergo an Enhanced Disclosure and Barring check (DBS) and provide 2 referees
- Be prepared to complete the Preparation Training Course
Home-Start Croydon will:
- Match you with an appropriate family
- Pay all authorised expenses
- Provide initial training and ongoing training opportunities
- Provide support and supervision from a dedicated Co-ordinator
Home Visiting Volunteer Preparation Training
Training usually takes place over 8 sessions, once a week on a weekday. These sessions will be approximately 4 hours long and will run within school hours.
We will consider training courses on weekends if we have enough potential volunteers who are interested in this.
The training will take place either at our offices in Croydon or at another venue in the borough.
All authorised expenses will be paid.
Alternatively, you can download and complete our application pack – HOME-VISITING APPLICATION FORM, HOME-VISITING INFORMATION PACK & PERSON SPEC & HOME-VISITING MONITORING INFO and email to firstname.lastname@example.org or post to Home-Start Croydon, 1-8 Ramsey Court, 122 Church Street, Croydon, CR0 1RF.
To see some of the benefits to volunteering for you see our volunteering page.