Our next training course will be
on 13th & 14th June 2019.
NB. The deadline for applications is Monday 3rd June, with interviews being held on 5th, 6th & 7th June.
Please contact Suzie on 020 8667 0207 or firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.
Home Visiting Volunteers are an essential part of the Home Visiting Service we offer to families within the borough of Croydon.
To become a home visiting volunteer you should:
- Be a parent or have some parenting experience
- Be able to visit a family for 2-3 hours once a week (N.B Families usually require support in school hours.)
- Be able to meet for supervision every 6 weeks
- Be able to commit for at least 6 months
- Have a non-judgemental attitude
- Be prepared to undergo an Enhanced Disclosure and Barring check (DBS) and provide 2 referees
- Be prepared to complete the Preparation Training Course
Home-Start Croydon will:
- Match you with an appropriate family
- Pay all authorised expenses
- Provide initial training and ongoing training opportunities
- Provide support and supervision from a dedicated Family Co-ordinator
Home Visiting Volunteer Preparation Training
Training takes place over 2 days between 9.30am and 2.30pm with a break for lunch.
We will consider training courses on weekends if we have enough potential volunteers who are interested in this.
The training will take place either at our offices in Croydon or at another venue in the borough.
Alternatively, you can download and complete our application pack – HOME-VISITING APPLICATION FORM, HOME-VISITING INFORMATION PACK & PERSON SPEC & HOME-VISITING MONITORING INFO and email to email@example.com or post to Home-Start Croydon, 1-8 Ramsey Court, 122 Church Street, Croydon, CR0 1RF.
To see some of the benefits to volunteering for you see our volunteering page.