Home-Start Croydon supports families with at least one child under the age of 5 living in the borough of Croydon.
Why families use Home-Start.
Families find themselves needing support for many different reasons which include:
- feeling isolated
- problems coping with their own or their child’s physical or mental health needs
- feeling insecure about their own parenting skills and abilities
- struggling to cope with family life, managing the household budget or the day to day running of the household
- needing someone to talk to about their stresses and difficulties
How Home-Start Croydon can help.
The home visiting service uses trained volunteers with parenting experience to visit families in their homes once a week for 2-3 hours for up to 9 months. They can provide:
- emotional support, someone to talk to
- help to get out and about, to children’s centres, medical appointments etc
- support with parenting skills, meal planning, budgeting etc
- help to access and use other services
You don’t have to pay for Home-Start’s help and it’s confidential.
You have the right to stop support whenever you want we will only be there if you want us to be.
How can you get support from Home-Start Croydon?
It is easy to get support:
- You can ask your health visitor or any other professional you are involved with to make a referral for support on your behalf.