Home-Start Croydon supports families with at least one child under school age and living in the borough of Croydon.
How can you get support from Home-Start Croydon?
It is easy to get support:
- You can ask your health visitor or any other professional you are involved with to make a referral for support on your behalf.
*Please note we are currently experiencing a high level of referrals and therefore have a long waiting list for support. Please call us if you want to discuss this in more detail.
Why families use Home-Start.
Families find themselves needing support for many different reasons which include:
- feeling isolated
- problems coping with their own or their child’s physical or mental health needs
- feeling insecure about their own parenting skills and abilities
- struggling to cope with family life, managing the household budget or the day to day running of the household
- needing someone to talk to about their stresses and difficulties
How Home-Start Croydon can help.
The home visiting service uses trained volunteers with parenting experience to visit families in their homes once a week for 2-3 hours for up to 9 months. They can provide:
- emotional support, someone to talk to
- help to get out and about, to children’s centres, medical appointments etc
- support with parenting skills, meal planning, budgeting etc
- help to access and use other services
You don’t have to pay for Home-Start’s help and it’s confidential.
You have the right to stop support whenever you want we will only be there if you want us to be.